Robert Perry when reviewing the Gozzard 44 he said, "Gozzard Yachts are always beautifully detailed and built with uncommon pride. The look is classic..." This certainly describes Black Beauty well. She is well equipped, comfortable, and safe cruising yacht. She has a unique interior where the main saloon settee converts to a private stateroom with a centerline berth. The aft cabin is considered the owner's cabin with an adjoining head. The main saloon also has two swivel chairs and a low coffee table that converts to a larger dining table.
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, personalized market evaluation.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Representatives for Gozzard Brokerage Yachts.
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts.
For showings contact John Albertine 443-837-5075 or email@example.com
Stepping below on Black Beauty the open layout gives the feel of a much larger yacht. Gozzard's unique interior layout makes ideal use of every inch of space available on this beautiful yacht. The yacht is extremely light and airy below with numerous opening ports and hatches for excellent ventilation. The cherry interior has a warm satin finish.
Starting forward is the main saloon with a storage locker forward. Straight settees on port and starboard pull out together to form a queen-size centerline berth. The is storage behind the seatbacks including custom brackets to hold a larger dining tabletop. This cabin and be completely closed off to form a private stateroom.
Next aft to port is a manual head. This head shares a stall shower with the ensuite master cabin head. There is an outboard storage locker. The shower has a sump pump.
Next aft is a dinette. The galley is to starboard with refrigerator and freezer, stove, and storage. Centerline there is an island with a Corian countertop, sink, and more storage.
The master cabin, located to port of the companionway stairs, with a king-size berth has separate doors to the main interior area and to the aft head. That head has a door to the shower stall, which is also accessible from the forward head. Locks give privacy for whatever head and shower combination one wants at a given time.
- Hella cabin fans
- Screens for all opening ports, hatches, and the companionway
- Hexagon foredeck hatch
- Butterfly amidships hatch
- Brass clock and barometer at nav. station
- Brass clock and barometer in the master cabin
The galley is laid out in a very practical manner with an island counter and sink which serves as something to brace oneself against in rough weather. The stove and refrigeration are located outboard on the starboard side.
- Force 10 propane 3-burner stove and oven
- Solinoid remote fuel shutoff - Xintex S-2A
- Large refrigerator with separate freezer compartment, 12 volt
- Corian countertops
- Pressure hot & cold water
- Hot water heater
- Magma BBQ grill topside
All the Autohelm ST and Raytheon instruments are interfaced for efficient navigation.
- Ritchie compass on the binnacle
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot
- Raytheon Nav 398 GPS/Loran
- Raytheon Ray 201 VHF
- SGC SC2000 SSB transceiver
- Autohelm Tridata
- Autohelm Wind (works intermittently)
- Autohelm hand-held compass
- Night vision scope
- Two ICOM handheld VHF radios
- 406 Epirb
- Garmin handheld GPS
- Handheld depth sounders
- Fujinon binoculars
- Navigation lights
- Inverter/charger - Link Heart 2500
- Link 2000-R battery monitor/manager
- Two 50' 30 amp shore power cords and inlets
- 50/30 shore power cable adapter
- 700 amp hour house batteries (new 2017/2018)
- Engine start battery (new 2017/2018)
- Heavy-duty alternator
- Two solar-powered fans set in dorade vents
Centered in the stern is an ingenious section of the transom which hinges down into a nice boarding ladder. Along side this area are controls for a on-deck, fresh-water shower. The entrance to the interior of the boat is made more inviting with stained glass doors at the companionway. There are plexiglass drop boards to insert for heavy weather sailing.
There is a beautiful teak steering wheel in the binnacle with a wheel cover. The cockpit seats and cockpit sole are teak.
Side decks are free and clear of all hardware for safe obstruction-free movement fore and aft.
- Black awl gripped fiberglass hull
- Bottom peeled and barrier coated (2012/2013)
- External lead keel
- Side-power 7.5 hp bow thruster
- Maxwell 2200 electric windlass with foot controls on the bow and remote switch at the helm
- Double anchor rollers on the bow sprit
- 60 lb CQR anchor
- 44 lb Bruce anchor
- 250' 3/8" high tensile chain
- 50' 3/8" high tensile chain with 250' rode
- Saltwater anchor washdown system
- Double lifelines with gates port and starboard with single lifeline aft
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Stainless steel stern pulpit and dinghy davits
- West Marine RIB with cover
- 5 hp propane outboard engine
- MOM system
- Emergency tiller
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit folding seats
- Helm seat
- Hard windscreen
- Bimini, dodger, and hatch covers (new 2018)
- Plexiglass drop boards for companionway
- Sparcraft double spreader mast
- Forespar rigid vang
- Mainsail in-mast furling
- New genoa on Schaefer furler
- Roly-Tasker furling staysail (new 2018) on Schaefer furler
- Two Lewmar #54 2-speed, self-tailing winches
- Two Lewmar #44 2-speed, self-tailing utility winches
- Lewmar #44 2-speed, self-tailing mainsheet winch
- Traveler for the self-tacking staysail
- Outboard jib sheet tracks
- Westerbeke model 82B4 main diesel engine - 82 hp with approximately 1,900 hrs.
- MarineAir rev cycle A/C (16K BTU forward and 9K BTU aft)
- Dockside water