1 of 93
Waterside Boat Sales - Poole
Kempenaar 41m Dutch Barge
A lovely and classic Dutch barge, with a very wide beam she is very spacious throughout. The vessel was shortened by 10m; the aft accommodation was upgraded along with machinery spaces, hull and deck, to a very high standard by Acorn Shipyard
Capricorn ceased trading in August 1997 and was purchased for conversion to a houseboat.
The vessel was shortened by 10m; the aft accommodation was upgraded along with machinery spaces, hull and deck.
A new and complete conversion of the main-hold ( ex cargo working area ) was carried out. This work was undertaken professionally ( to a very high standard ) at Acorn Shipyard in Rochester, Kent.
Subsequently, during the winter of 2006 / 2007 the original aft accommodation was completely removed and renewed.
The original "Green Book" ( Dutch Trading Book ) is still onboard listing her name changes since build, including war-time commandeering, and record of cargo work.
Built in Hardinxveld, near Rotterdam, Netherlands in 1927, of riveted steel
- Powered by a Mercedes V 10 - OM403. New in 1981.
- Diesle inboard 300HP engine producing 9 knots
- Auxiliary engine is a Lister ST2. Drives bilge / fire pump & 60 amp transmotor / alternator.
- Gearbox is a Twin disc type MG 509
- Very large engine room giving good access to work on the engine
- Tidy and very clean engine room
- Forward work shop
- Jabsco searchlight
- iCOM VHF Radio
- MER GPS
- Rudder indicator
- ST6 river radar
- Anchor light and Navigation lights
Aft entrance via the Wheelhouse
- Wheelhouse with table and u shaped sofa
- Access doors either side for quick access to the side decks
- Good lighting and vision throughout the wheelhouse
- Stairs down to the galley and dining area with sofa
- Full size gas cooker with grill and oven, 240v microwave, stainless steel sink, 240v refrigerator, bench seating ( would make additional bunk if required ) ,oak table and chairs.
- Further steps down to a small saloon with sofa, TV, and small corner desk
- Single cabin with good storage throughout
- En-suite bathroom with shower and Bath
- Further access down to another large cabin with a single berth and lots of storage
The main accommodation on Capricorn is in the luxuriously converted "cargo hold." It comprises of:
- Steps down to the entrance area with good cloakroom storage
- Access to the Utility Room with 240v freezer, 240v refrigerator, 240v automatic washing machine, 240v tumble drier, stainless steel sink, Saniflow, worktops & cupboards.
- Large open plan Galley & Saloon with gas, range style cooker with extractor hood & light, larder refrigerator, microwave oven, stainless steel sink, breakfast bar with leather & chrome stools, worktops & cupboards.
- Dining Area which joins the galley on a raised floor, sectioned off by wrought-iron railings with light oak handrails.
- Bathroom with flushing toilet, full size bath, king size corner shower, sink, storage units, Saniflow.
- Office with book shelf, desk, cupboards & drawers.
- Bedroom 1 with king-size bed, cabinets, drawers, full length mirror, escape ladder.
- Bedroom 2 with double bed, cabinets, wardrobe, drawers.
- All areas are fitted with radiators and sockets
- Life belts
- 14 man buoyancy raft
- Navigation lights
- Anchor lights
- Ship's whistle
- Fire hose & nozzle
- Various navigational-shapes ( e.g. anchor ball)
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Fire detection head
- Bilge alarm
- Gas alarm
- Fire blanket
- Security motion detector
- Dome security camera
- Remote boiler shut-off
- Fuel tank shut-off
- This vessel has a comprehensive gas & bilge level alarm system, along with fire detection & security arrangement.
- Large sidewalks with good access to all areas
- Bow area with access to the workshop
- Large cleats and mooring line storage
- Davit and good access around the wheelhouse
For a full, detailed specification with additional photographs and direct contact details for the listing office visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Unless otherwise stated on the specification sheet the following presumptions are made
Sail drive and shaft seals are more than 5 years of age
Gas hoses and regulators are over 5 years old
Standing rigging and sails are more than 10 years old
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.