Lisätiedot ja varusteet:
Rakentaja: Cook Welton & Gemmel, Ltd., England
LOA: 245 ft 0 in
Moottorin Merkki: Deutz Marine Diesel
Moottorin Malli: SBV8M 545
Matkanopeus: 11 mph
LOA: 245' (74.68m)
LWL: 188' (57.30m)
Beam: 30' (9.14m)
Max Draft: 16' (4.88m)
Max Bridge Clearance: 131' (39.89m)
Total Power: 1,500
Fuel: 49.56 t
Fresh Water: 85 t
The vessel's interior layout and configuration have been redesigned and rebuilt with the addition of a new lower deck for increased passenger cabins. The entire interior was styled and refinished as brand new. The result of the new design, build and finishing of the interior is spacious, comfortable, efficient and appealing.
The Main Salon with Dining Room has seating for 76 people. The ship has a pub with a beautiful mahogany bar and a library for quiet pursuits.
There are 31 cabins and all of them have heat and air conditioning. There are 4 suites with a queen bed and en suite shower and toilet, 10 cabins with a double bed below and single bed above and en suite shower and toilet, 11 cabins with two single beds and en suite shower and toilet, 4 shared cabins with two single beds and shared washroom facilities, and 2 quad cabins with four single beds, and en suite shower and toilet.
- 2 Caterpillar Generators C18, 425 kW, 440 VAC 3-phase
- Perkins Emergency Generator, 100 kW, 440 VAC 3-phase
Electronics & Navigation
- Furuno GMDSS A3 Area Console RC 1815
- Furuno VHF Radio Telephone x 2 FM 8800S
- Furuno SSB Radio Telephone FS-1570/2570
- Furuno Inmarsat C Mobile Earth Station Felcom 15
- Furuno Naxvtex NX 700
- Furuno Printer Unit x2 PP510
- Furuno Terminal Unit IB 583
- Furuno Control Unit FS-2570C
- Furuno Alarm Unit IC306
- Furuno Distress Message Controller DMC 5
- Furuno 21 High Resolution Colour Display FR2125 Sat Phone Iridium 9500
- Furuno Daylight Display Radar 1832 EPIRB SATFIND 406 PRO
- Furuno AIS Transponder Monitor Unit FA1502 SART x2
- Furuno GPS Navigator GP37
- Furuno GPS Navigator GP150
- Furuno Doppler Speed Log DS 80
- Simrad Steering Tiller (qty.2) S35
- Simrad Gyro Compass RGC 80
- Simrad Auto Pilot AP50
- Simrad Digital Repeater DR76
- Icom VHF Airband Transceiver PS 80/ICA200
- Ships' Intercom & Alarm Zenitel 8000
- Handheld VHF x 3 Oceanus DSC GMDSS
- Rutter Voyage Data Recorder System VDR 100G2/G2S
- Ship Security Alert System Sailor TT 3000
Engine Details & Mechanical
- Deutz Marine Diesel Engine, Model SBV8M-545, 1500HP/1119 kW
- Single CPP Propeller
- Bowthruster, 165 HP
- Rudder, 1-pintel
- Simrad Steering Tiller, (2) S35
- Fuel Consumption, Max Speed, 5.7t/day
- Fuel Consumption, Economical Speed, 2.0t/day, 7.5 Knots
- Watermaking, 7400 gallons/day
Sails & Rigging
- Foremast Sails:
- 3 Headsails
- Royal Squaresail
- Main Mast Sails:
- 2 Staysails
- Gaff Mainsail
- Mizzen Mast Sails:
- Marconi Mizzen
- Three-Masted Barquentine
- Rig Height: 131' (39.89m)
- Rig Design: by Olivier van Meer to Germanischer Lloyds standards
- Sail Area: 17,000 square feet
Construction & Finish
This Square Rig Barquentine Tall Ship is the largest sailing ship built in Canada in the last 100 years. She underwent a substantial rebuild, re-design and renovation that upgraded her into a upscale entity aimed at the adventure and corporate charter markets in 2007.
She combines majestic beauty and old world charm in a traditional tall ship. Yet she is a new ship with finely appointed cabins and entertainment spaces all built to the highest modern safety standards. Comfort and spaciousness are her key qualities.
She can operate as a boutique hotel, research ship, educational vessel, expedition explorer, etc. Her construction components all meet or exceed the newest requirements by structural fire protection and subdivision, her Class, SOLAS and Transport Canada.
- Gross Tonnage = 810 t
- Net Tonnage = 243 t
- Depth = (6.86m)
- Refit 2007
- Class A
The ship was built and launched at the renowned Cooks & Welton Shipyard of Hull, UK in 1949. The ship was built for Icelandic owners as a herring fishery vessel. In the early 50's the vessel was sold, remaining under Icelandic flag. By the late 50's she was operated by Norwegian owners who significantly modified her and used her as a seismic research vessel. She operated until 1972 when she was sold to a Canadian owner. From 1972 until 2001 she spent most of her time in fresh water in Quebec. She was occasionally used for marine biology research missions in the Great Lakes and Atlantic Basin, and was well-maintained professionally. In 2001 the ship was purchased and was refitted to comply with the Offshore Petroleum Board for use as a chase and seismic vessel. In 2002 the current owner purchased the vessel to rebuild into a new sailing passenger ship. The vessel was surveyed extensively, found in immaculate condition, and suitable for use as a 245' sailing barquentine for 100 passengers and crew.
Accordingly, the vessel was taken down to its bare hull and sandblasted in and out. The vessel was re-ballasted and a new sailing rig was installed. A lower deck was built as an accommodations deck; new SOLAS-compliant bulkheads were built, each with IMS hydraulic watertight door operable form multiple locations; new systems of electric, piping and air conditioning were installed; and, cabins were built in four different configurations.
This 245' Sailing Vessel has been reconfigured and rebuilt as new at the completion of 2007 and accommodates 76 passengers plus crew. The vessel is fully SOLAS 2010 Compliant. It is fully equipped and classed for ocean operations as a commercial passenger vessel. It is in perfect turn key condition and is fully operational and ready to work. There is no question this 245' Barquentine Tall Ship is the most capable and interesting vessel of its class and size available on the world market today.
We invite you to call for more details and additional photographs. Plans are available upon request.
Serious offers will be considered.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.